Thursday, January 22, 2015

Succi's Review: MWEB - WHY WHIP OUT YOUR DONGLE?

Advertising makes up a big part of marketing, therefore it would not be appropriate to leave it out of this blog. Platforms such as YouTube have revolutionized the way customers consume adverts and they have also largely influenced the way companies communicate.
WHY WHIP OUT YOUR DONGLE?

Growing up in the dusty streets of Soshanguve, TV adverts formed a large part of my past time activities. I am all grown up now and I am still fascinated by creative advertising, despite what anyone says, I reckon that a good advert can definitely get people to buy a product they don't even need. This brings me to MWEB's new marketing campaign called WHY WHIP OUT YOUR DONGLE?

My review of the TV commercial for this campaign:

When well executed, humor never fails to do the trick, in fact it can never get old or boring. The sexual innuendos in this advert are subtle and funny to say the least. The actors in the Ad are convincingly humorous. Overall, this Ad is an eye catcher.

MWEB's Free Wifi Router for R199 per month

Let me not get carried away with the campaign that I forget to touch on MWEB's  'package', no pun intended.

Personally speaking, the free wifi package is tempting but I am a prepaid girl. Before I discovered Neotel's Wifi dongle with 7 GB for R150 bundles I was using 8ta (now called Telkom Mobile), the 2 GB + 1 GB "promo". I actually spend more than R300 on data bundle per month so I'm actually seriously considering this MWEB offer, that's if there's nothing better out there.

Neotel vs Telkom Mobile/8ta

I haven't used any of MWEB's services so I actually don't have any criticism to level against them.
Neotel and Telkom Mobile are a different story. Let's start with Telkom Mobile; although R150 is reasonable for 3 GB, the fact that you can only access the 1 GB between 12am and 5am leaves a lot to be desired. Moreover, 3 GB is not enough for an entrepreneur with an online business.

My only critique about the Neotel data is that for some odd reason, it seems to block all my domains {www.lagostojozi.co.za, www.positivenetwork.co.za & several others} - which is VERY bad for my business. I've establish that it is NOT my server, firewall or any other aspect from my side because I am able to access the same sites using my 8ta data services. Neotel couldn't help and I still don't know what could be the problem. All I know is the problem is on their end, anyway that's a story for another day.

                                      Watch the MWEB Advert here



No comments:

Post a Comment